The first ever font market will take place on December 10, during Dezember Bucher 2011 in Zurich. Font designers from Switzerland and abroad are invited to sell their own fonts, catalogues, and posters.
Dezember Bucher 2011 is a month-long pre-christmas sales event that is being mounted for the fourth time to foster and promote Switzerland's diverse range of publishers and imprints. Some 50 Swiss publishers have been invited to make a selection of 12 titles from their programme and to sell at the market.
European font designers are invited, enabling them to benefit from the excitement of mutual exchange and to present a unique, colourful array of products to a large and interested public.
Participation is free, no rent is charged, and no fees are levied. Participants will be provided with a table (1 x 1 m), chair and electric outlet. To apply, contactmichel at font-market.chno later than November 15, 2011.
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?