Netdiver Best of The Year 2008
Netdiver magazine (ISSN 1911-866X) is a design anywhere + digital culture magazine that uncovers, reviews and publishes outstanding work by the international community. Founded by editor Carole Guevin and "creative code officer" Jean-François Simard aka JF it is now in its tenth year. They love everything design and promote its value worldwide, and wish to inspire their readers from indie projects to portfolios exposing the creative class at work online and beyond.
Fun use of vintage wood type for the navigation of the Ross Mac Donald website.
Netdiver Best of The Year is always a long awaited release of which projects and whose talents have made a strong and lasting impression in the previous year. This year they aimed to list 100 and just could not, so the 7th edition showcases 110 because Netdiver feel they gave their 110% best. Refresh your memory and (re)encounter new sources of design inspiration.
Below is a small selection. Go to the Netdiver Best of The Year 2008 gallery to see all 110.
Discover surprising layered News Gothic/Benton Sans when browsing the Chris Gloag Photography website.
Experimental type on the Look At Me Design…
… and Christopher Hald websites.
L2M3 designed the communication of last year's Die Schönsten deutschen Bücher 2007 competition using Basic Commercial.
Beautifully decorated flowery Basic Commercial on the William Ismael website.
Julien Vallée – whom we know from the Typophile Film Fest 4 – showcases some delightful paper lettering on his website.
It is fun to discover Booreiland made the list as well, as they are Unzipped readers and participated in our first Christmas Card Challenge.
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button