Thinkdust gets retro with 1970s font
Thinkdust (Alex Haigh) has launched a new font based on Yagi Link Double, a 1970s Letraset typeface." />
Nottingham-based typographer and graphic designer Thinkdust (Alex Haigh) has launched a new font based on Yagi Link Double, a 1970s Letraset typeface.
Thinkdust's font, titled Miyagi, is an OpenType font with some subtle modifications to the original Yagi Link Double; it is compatible with both Mac and Windows and features manual kerning. Haigh spent over 100 hours working on the typeface.
The font is released ahead of the launch of Thinkdust's type foundry, which is anticipated for early 2009.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art