Avant Garde Gothic Alternates Are Back
ITC Avant Garde Gothic's alts are a trademark of '60s and '70s design, but have seen a huge resurgence of late. Maligned by some, sought by many, Herb Lubalin's logo-turned-typeface has become a go-to font for hipsters and fashion mags the world over. Thanks to our partner, Elsner+Flake, The Avant Garde ligs and alts are now back in digital form. Now you too can combine 'P' and 'R' in a most unnatural way. Yum.
Here are some more examples of designers who have fallen victim to the charms of the Avant Garde alternates and ligatures:
Jürgen Siebert (of FontShop Germany) on Avant Garde »
Alex White on Avant Garde »
By using the new ITC Avant Garde Gothic Pro and its built-in OpenType ligatures and alternates you have a far easier access to a fuller range of extra glyphs.
But this new release comes with a caveat: the italics are simply slanted obliques, so if proper italics are more important than easy access to alts and ligs, the savvy shopper should still choose the E+F version.
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
游客's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体试试能用吗
游客's review on Article Billboard.com这个Billboard.com网站的字体是啥字体
lwhzyn's review on Article HZ-GB-2312系统好像缺少字库，看看能不能下载
游客's review on Article 2017年设计师绝对不能错过的手写字体搭配的挺好看，这些字体是免费商用的么
¤月映丹心∴'s review on Article 毛笔字体进化论怎么下载法？
糖果's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体免费用吗