2000 D&AD Student Awards announced
D&AD has announced the winners of its 2000 Student Awards. Around 100 of the 2000 entries were judged to be of sufficient quality to be included in the D&AD Student Awards book – 18 obtaining firsts, 21 receiving seconds and 16 receiving commendations.Digit editor Matthew Bath was a judge in the Interactive Advertising category. Sharon Li from the Southampton Institute of HE was awarded a first in this category, with Per Magne Sviggum from Grays School of Art receiving a second and Darren Francis from the Southampton Institute of HE appearing in the Awards book.Other categories of interest include graphic design, Web site design, multimedia design, typography, applied graphic design, and illustration. Awards were given in a total of 25 categories.A full list of winners can be obtained from the D&AD Web site.
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars