2000 D&AD Student Awards announced
D&AD has announced the winners of its 2000 Student Awards. Around 100 of the 2000 entries were judged to be of sufficient quality to be included in the D&AD Student Awards book – 18 obtaining firsts, 21 receiving seconds and 16 receiving commendations.Digit editor Matthew Bath was a judge in the Interactive Advertising category. Sharon Li from the Southampton Institute of HE was awarded a first in this category, with Per Magne Sviggum from Grays School of Art receiving a second and Darren Francis from the Southampton Institute of HE appearing in the Awards book.Other categories of interest include graphic design, Web site design, multimedia design, typography, applied graphic design, and illustration. Awards were given in a total of 25 categories.A full list of winners can be obtained from the D&AD Web site.
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2