Agfa sells Agfa Monotype, quits font business
Agfa has announced that it is selling its font business Agfa Monotype to private equity firm TA Associates for $169 million (around £92.4 million).
Agfa Monotype, a provider of fonts and font-related software, will now be known as Monotype Imaging. Agfa claims that the sale will help it focus better on strengthening its position in the pre-press market and industrial inkjet printing.
Agfa also claims that TA Associates is committed to investing in Monotype Imaging and the sale will place the typography business in a stronger position.
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art