Agfa sells Agfa Monotype, quits font business
Agfa has announced that it is selling its font business Agfa Monotype to private equity firm TA Associates for $169 million (around £92.4 million).
Agfa Monotype, a provider of fonts and font-related software, will now be known as Monotype Imaging. Agfa claims that the sale will help it focus better on strengthening its position in the pre-press market and industrial inkjet printing.
Agfa also claims that TA Associates is committed to investing in Monotype Imaging and the sale will place the typography business in a stronger position.
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet