EVENT: Plus type festival
This Wednesday (November 5) sees the start of the Plus international design expo, a four-day event in Birmingham focusing on typography.
The festival is organized by designers and is aimed at an audience of design professionals, and focuses on typography. Exhibitors include leading commercial agencies, freelancers, professional organizations and universities, and encompass the fields of graphic communication, typography, type design, web, animation or multimedia, as well as artists and craftspeople who amalgamate type into their work.
This year's festival takes the concept Hybrid as its theme, using the theme as a springboard for examining contemporary Britain, and also the current state of graphic design as an industry in flux and development. The theme has also been selected as a means of reflecting Birmingham's current state.
Over four days (November 5-8), the expo encompasses lectures, exhibitions, walking tours and workshops. See the Web site for more information.
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"