EVENT: Plus type festival
This Wednesday (November 5) sees the start of the Plus international design expo, a four-day event in Birmingham focusing on typography.
The festival is organized by designers and is aimed at an audience of design professionals, and focuses on typography. Exhibitors include leading commercial agencies, freelancers, professional organizations and universities, and encompass the fields of graphic communication, typography, type design, web, animation or multimedia, as well as artists and craftspeople who amalgamate type into their work.
This year's festival takes the concept Hybrid as its theme, using the theme as a springboard for examining contemporary Britain, and also the current state of graphic design as an industry in flux and development. The theme has also been selected as a means of reflecting Birmingham's current state.
Over four days (November 5-8), the expo encompasses lectures, exhibitions, walking tours and workshops. See the Web site for more information.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters