Celebrate Día de los Muertos With The Skullphabet Free Fonts
I'm taking a little break from compiling my Halloween list of scary fonts. I'm a bit bummed I couldn't finish that entry in time but it just became more extensive than I had expected. Also I played a gig in Atelier 210 yesterday and had to leave for the soundcheck in the early afternoon. The reason I'm posting this mini-entry in between is because I definitely wanted to be in time for the Day of The Dead (Día de los Muertos) which is celebrated today and tomorrow.
192 | Ornament(al) skull, composed with arranged Victorian decorative border elements
The FontFeed was sent a very nice e-mail from Heidi Hess, pointing us to Skull-A-Day, the blog of a friend of hers. On June 4th, 2007, Noah Scalin – creative director and owner of Another Limited Rebellion – made an orange paper skull, posted it online and announced to the world that he would be making a skull a day for an entire year. This may sound like no big deal, but Noah ended up spending anywhere from 2 to 10 hours every single day for that year, thinking about, researching, making, and photographing the skulls. And indeed, he presented his 365th skull on June 2nd, 2008, and even posted a bonus skull the day after since it was a leap year. Now in its second incarnation Skull-A-Day 2.0 showcases daily submissions from its readers.
94 | Skullphabet #1
And now for the good part. 94th entry, September 5th, 2007, was Skullphabet #1, and 244th entry, February 2, 2008, was Skullphabet #2. Both display capital alphabets are based on the classic Futura (Bold). Skull-A-Day reader Mark Conahan converted the original vector art into functioning digital typefaces. You can download the free fonts in TrueType or OpenType format here: Skullphabet #1 and Skullphabet #2.
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。