Last Week of Early Bird Registration for TypeCon2012 MKE Shift
The next American event devoted to all things typographic is TypeCon2012 MKE Shift. The conference presented by SOTA –&nbso;short for Society of Typographic Aficionados – takes place in the InterContinental Milwaukee. From July 31st through August 5th, dozens of the brightest names in type and design will share their knowledge and skills, exploring topics such as: the library of the future; Marshall McLuhan and design; vernacular lettering; identity development with students; Cherokee syllabary; South American beer labels; the changing world of font licensing; stories from the Monotype archives; Mayan writing reform; responsive web fonts; press checks in the web age; creative pangramming; optimizing typefaces for the cockpit; wood type galore; and so much more.
Creative powerhouse Christian Helms will be presenting this year's keynote address, and the Type Directors Club will be sponsoring a special presentation by The Heads of State during TypeCon2012. Special events include the seventh annual Type & Design Education Forum, the eleventh edition of the always entertaining Type Crit, plus the international TypeGallery2012 exhibition. Workshops, presentations, panel discussions, networking events, tours, and social gatherings will form a typographic adventure that will inspire you for years to come!
Take advantage of early bird pricing by registering by June 30th.
:: END OF POST ::
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach