Two AFDKO-related Tool Updates
I spent this evening in Gyeongju, Korea enhancing two AFDKO-related tools, extract-cids.pl and extract-gids.pl.
These tools are tx filters, and simply output the list of CIDs or GIDs in a font. I had been using another tool, mkrange.pl, to turn the list into ranges. One of the enhancements, which is the addition of an "-r" option, makes the mkrange.pl tool no longer necessary. In other words, the following two command lines have the same result:
% extract-cids.pl | mkrange.pl
The extract-cids.pl tool was additionally enhanced with an "-s" option, which outputs the ranges on a single line using a comma separator. This makes the output very convenient in terms of repurposing it, such as copying it, then pasting it into a new command line as the argument of the "-g" option that is supported by many AFDKO tools. Consider the following two command lines and their output:
% extract-cids.pl-r cidfont.ps
% extract-cids.pl-r-s cidfont.ps
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!