I am currently in Gyeongju (경주시/慶州市), Republic of Korea (ROK), attending IRG 38. For those who are not aware, the IRG (Ideographic Rapporteur Group) is an ad hoc subcommittee of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2 (aka WG2), and is charged with all matters related to CJK Unified Ideographs. In other words, all CJK Unified Ideograph repertoires, the latest being Extension D, are the direct result of work by the IRG. I am attending IRG 38 as the sole US and Unicode delegate, and this is the fifth IRG meeting I have attended. IRG meetings are week-long working meetings, and are held twice per year.
Below is a photo of the somewhat isolated area in Gyeongju where IRG 38 is taking place:
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button