I am currently in Gyeongju (경주시/慶州市), Republic of Korea (ROK), attending IRG 38. For those who are not aware, the IRG (Ideographic Rapporteur Group) is an ad hoc subcommittee of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2 (aka WG2), and is charged with all matters related to CJK Unified Ideographs. In other words, all CJK Unified Ideograph repertoires, the latest being Extension D, are the direct result of work by the IRG. I am attending IRG 38 as the sole US and Unicode delegate, and this is the fifth IRG meeting I have attended. IRG meetings are week-long working meetings, and are held twice per year.
Below is a photo of the somewhat isolated area in Gyeongju where IRG 38 is taking place:
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago