Monotype Imaging at HOW Live – Boston
From June 21 – June 25, leaders in design disciplines will converge for HOW Design Live – Boston, an expansive symposium of discussions, workshops, and studio tours geared to creative professionals of all stripes. Monotype Imaging is proud to be a sponsor of this year's conference and will also be an active participant in the scheduled speaking engagements.
On Saturday, June 23, Allan Haley, Monotype Imaging's Director of Words & Letters, will present Typographic Lessons From The Young Guns, a survey on the young designers who are creating thought provoking, powerful and, at times, stunning typography that is sure to spawn future design trends.
The following day, three of Monotype Imaging's type experts will present Typographic Hat Trick – Three Designers, Three Perspectives. Dan Rhatigan, Monotype Imaging's UK Type Director, will deliver Sodachrome, An Experimental Typeface with a Colorful Twist. Sodachrome, a typeface designed to take advantage of the possibilities — and even the potential pitfalls — of overprinting inks. Originally intended for silkscreen printing, the challenge was to develop something that could only work if printed in color. Dan will profile the development of a pair of fonts that combine to create two entirely new designs when merged.
Jim Wasco, Monotype Imaging's Senior Type Designer, will present Elegy and Aachen, Extreme Diversity in Typographic Voice. Jim will contrast his work to design an elegant Specerian script typeface with his recent extensions of a classic heavy-weight display typeface.
Steve Matteson, Monotype Imaging's Creative Type Director, will be presenting E-Text Typefaces, the Next Step in Good Typography. Discussing his work creating new typefaces for reading on screen, Steve will explore why typefaces designed for print are not necessarily the best choice for the web or digital environments.
HOW Design Live – Boston is certain to be engaging, as well as eye-opening, so make sure to register soon. Also, don't forget to stop by the Monotype Imaging exhibitors' booth and say hello!
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art