New Public Review Issues: Changes to Character Properties
The UTC is considering some property changes for Unicode 6.2. PRI #227 proposes changes to the Script Extensions property values for certain combining marks. PRI #228 proposes changes of General Category for some common characters from Punctuation to Symbol, to better align with expectations about how those characters behave. Because these characters are quite common, the proposed change may impact a large number of implementations.
For details of the proposals, see the PRI pages:
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"