Lineup announced for Plus type festival
lineup of speakers that includes cult typographer Jonathan Barnbrook and The Guardian cartoonist Steve Bell." />
The full list of exhibitors for this year's Plus International Festival--a typography and graphic design festival that takes place next week--has been announced. Exhibitors join a lineup of speakers that includes cult typographer Jonathan Barnbrook and The Guardian cartoonist Steve Bell.
The festival takes place November 5-8 at Fazeley Studios (190 Fazeley Street), Birmingham.
This year's exhibitors and speakers dwell on the theme of Hybrid. The festival organizers say they have chosen this theme because, "It not only aptly describes Britain today but it also expresses the current state of graphic communications. Britain is a hybrid community that absorbs, transforms and transmits myriad influences from around the world to create something new and exciting, but is still recognizably British. Graphic and typographic design are also fusion disciplines that amalgamate graphic languages from around the world and from across the creative disciplines, often with surprising results."
The exhibitors have been chosen to be as varied as possible, comprising individuals and studios, established practitioners and up-and-comers.
The full lineup is:
-Birmingham City University
-Girls Who Draw
-Illuminate Lighting Ltd
-We Make Art
For tickets and more information visit the Plus International Festival Web site.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago