Unicode 6.2 Beta Review
The Unicode® Consortium today announced the start of beta review for the forthcoming Unicode 6.2.0. All beta feedback must be submitted by July 23, 2012.
Unicode 6.2 is a minor release of the Unicode Standard. The main feature of this release is the inclusion of the newly encoded Turkish lira symbol. However, there are other important changes to Unicode properties and annexes, affecting segmentation and more.
Unicode is the foundation for all modern software and communications around the world, including all modern operating systems, browsers, and smart phones; modern web protocols (HTML, XML,...); and internationalized domain names. Thus it is important to ensure a smooth transition to each new version of the Unicode Standard. Software developers and other experts are strongly encouraged to review the beta data files and documentation for Unicode 6.2.0 carefully, and to provide any feedback regarding errors or other issues to the Unicode Consortium. Software developers can also get an early start in testing their programs with the beta data files so they will be ready for the release of Unicode 6.2.0 in September 2012.
• See http://www.unicode.org/versions/beta-6.2.0.html, for information about testing the 6.2.0 beta.
• See http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode6.2.0/ for the current draft summary of Unicode 6.2.0.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles