Unicode 6.2 Beta Review
The Unicode® Consortium today announced the start of beta review for the forthcoming Unicode 6.2.0. All beta feedback must be submitted by July 23, 2012.
Unicode 6.2 is a minor release of the Unicode Standard. The main feature of this release is the inclusion of the newly encoded Turkish lira symbol. However, there are other important changes to Unicode properties and annexes, affecting segmentation and more.
Unicode is the foundation for all modern software and communications around the world, including all modern operating systems, browsers, and smart phones; modern web protocols (HTML, XML,...); and internationalized domain names. Thus it is important to ensure a smooth transition to each new version of the Unicode Standard. Software developers and other experts are strongly encouraged to review the beta data files and documentation for Unicode 6.2.0 carefully, and to provide any feedback regarding errors or other issues to the Unicode Consortium. Software developers can also get an early start in testing their programs with the beta data files so they will be ready for the release of Unicode 6.2.0 in September 2012.
• See http://www.unicode.org/versions/beta-6.2.0.html, for information about testing the 6.2.0 beta.
• See http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode6.2.0/ for the current draft summary of Unicode 6.2.0.
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Benetton identity redesign