Unicode sessions at Localization World Paris
On Monday, 4 June, noted experts Richard Ishida (W3C) and Addison Phillips (Lab126) have teamed up to present a full day of sessions on Unicode.
In the morning, Richard Ishida will present "An Introduction to Writing Systems and Unicode", a tutorial that will introduce the basic functioning of Unicode in dealing with non-Latin writing systems. It is an excellent orientation for people new to these concepts, but it also offers content for people at intermediate and advanced levels due to the breadth of scripts discussed.
In the afternoon, Addison will present "Internationalization: An Introduction", a two-part tutorial covering:
• What is internationalization?
• What is Unicode? Implementing and using the standard.
• How do you prepare software localization and translation?
Finally, Richard and Addison will present " Towards the Promised Land: Globalization Developments in Web Standards", which surveys current developments at the W3C.
You may register for any or all of these sessions via http://localizationworld.com/lwparis2012/registration.php where you will see the sessions in the preconference day.
This is an opportunity to get a taste of the Unicode conference to be held in California on the following October 22-24, and see how the people on your staff can benefit from a deeper knowledge of Unicode and internationalization.
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read