Unicode 6.2 to Support the Turkish Lira Sign
In March of this year, the Central Bank of Turkey announced the adoption of a new currency symbol for the Turkish lira. Public use of the new currency symbol has already been adopted within Turkey.
Recognizing the urgent need to support the new currency symbol in information systems, the Unicode Consortium has scheduled its next release, Unicode 6.2, for the third quarter of 2012. That release will include the new character, U+20BA TURKISH LIRA SIGN.
Additional information regarding the new Turkish lira sign is available from the Central Bank of Turkey: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/yeni/iletisimgm/TurkishLira.php
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee