EVENT: Glasgow 501 – Out of Print research cluster
St Bride Library in London, two members of the cluster explain what it's all about." />
The Glasgow School of Art has recently formed a new research cluster called Out of Print; in this illustrated talk tomorrow (October 21) at the St Bride Library in London, two members of the cluster explain what it's all about.
Out of Print was formed as part of the celebrations of 500 years of printing in Scotland, and covers everything from typography to comic books, landscape photography, international 'graphic foraging' and digital media. Steve Rigley talks about the aims and ambitions of the project.
Out of Print's Artist/Designer in Residence Edwin Pickstone also introduces his own work, which plays on the archaic and apparently commercially redundant technique of letterpress printing. Among Pickstone's responsibilities is caring for and working with the department's letterpress.
The talk starts at 7pm; for more details and visiting information visit the St Bride Web site.
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist