Unicode Version 6.1-Complete Text of Core Specification Published
Mountain View, CA, April 23, 2012-The Unicode® Consortium is pleased toannounce the publication of the final text of the core specification forUnicode 6.1. The Unicode 6.1 core specification documents newly encodedscripts, certain conformance clarifications, and other updates andimprovements to the text. In Version 6.1, the standard grew by 732characters.
Version 6.1 of the Unicode Standard continues the Unicode Consortium'slong-term commitment to support the full diversity of languages around theworld. This latest version adds characters to support additional languagesof China, other Asian countries, and Africa. It also addresses educationalneeds in the Arabic-speaking world.
This version of the Standard brings technical improvements to supportimplementers, particularly with improvements to property values and theiraliases that enable easier programmatic use. Other improvements includeline-breaking behavior of Hebrew and Japanese text and segmentation behaviorof Thai, Lao, and other similar languages.
In January 2012, the other portions of Unicode 6.1 were released: theUnicode Standard Annexes, code charts, and the Unicode Character Database,to allow vendors to update their implementations of Unicode 6.1 as quicklyas possible. The release of the core specification completes the definitivedocumentation of the Unicode Standard, Version 6.1.
For more information on all of The Unicode Standard, Version 6.1, seehttp://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode6.1.0/ .
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist