Questions About All Caps Setting
Maybe we can clear this up once and for all. A Fontblog reader asks: "For the new corporate identity of one of our customers we suggested setting all headlines on posters, mailings etc. in all caps, and using this characteristic to typify the organization."
Now it has been stated repeatedly that all caps setting is less readable than mixed caps setting. Neither is it recommended for emphasis in text, although here the unpleasant appearance is mostly used as an argument.
Is all caps setting really so poorly readable that one can't use it in headlines of let's say maximum three lines, or is the unfavourable effect negligible? Has anybody done any serious investigations on this matter, or can anybody show us any convincing examples where it works really well?
Already 36 comments (in German) on Fontblog.
Header Image:Capitals waiting to be hung on a shopfront on Nevsky Prospekt, St. Petersburg
© Paul D. Hunt
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
游客's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体试试能用吗
游客's review on Article Billboard.com这个Billboard.com网站的字体是啥字体
lwhzyn's review on Article HZ-GB-2312系统好像缺少字库，看看能不能下载
游客's review on Article 2017年设计师绝对不能错过的手写字体搭配的挺好看，这些字体是免费商用的么
¤月映丹心∴'s review on Article 毛笔字体进化论怎么下载法？
糖果's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体免费用吗