Questions About All Caps Setting
Maybe we can clear this up once and for all. A Fontblog reader asks: "For the new corporate identity of one of our customers we suggested setting all headlines on posters, mailings etc. in all caps, and using this characteristic to typify the organization."
Now it has been stated repeatedly that all caps setting is less readable than mixed caps setting. Neither is it recommended for emphasis in text, although here the unpleasant appearance is mostly used as an argument.
Is all caps setting really so poorly readable that one can't use it in headlines of let's say maximum three lines, or is the unfavourable effect negligible? Has anybody done any serious investigations on this matter, or can anybody show us any convincing examples where it works really well?
Already 36 comments (in German) on Fontblog.
Header Image:Capitals waiting to be hung on a shopfront on Nevsky Prospekt, St. Petersburg
© Paul D. Hunt
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
游客's review on Article 免费商用中文字体有哪些？注意下，新蒂字体已不能商用。
游客's review on Article 超强视觉冲击-3D字体设计作品超强视觉冲击
游客's review on Article 20个出色的艺术字体设计作品欣赏优秀作品展
游客's review on Article 全球第一家手书数字化平台-在线书写毛笔字生成TTF字体给你全世界智慧
馬塞客's review on Article 字体疑问？1.可能是版权问题故意的。（体验版） 2、可能是字库制作时疏忽bug。
游客's review on Article 自己动手用FontCreator修改字体简单教程因为这是日本的字体，所以缺字很正常，字型的编排也是按照日本教育部标准做的。