Lack of Typographic Imagination: Stating The Obvious
One of the most original type-related pools on Flickr is LTypI: Lack of Typographic Imagination (the acronym of course being a nod to ATypI). The Flickr group collects pictures of logos where the name – or parts of the name – is derived from the typeface used to set the logo in. A recent example is Berlin Tegel Airport's Market Place, as Ivo Gabrowitsch discovered the logo is set in FF Market.
Lack of Typographic Imagination: The David Rockwell monograph Spectacle by Bruce Mau set in Rockwell.
Ivo created the Flickr group together with our resident editor Stephen Coles. If you possess any examples in your picture archives we strongly suggest you contribute to LTypI.
Header image:Berlin Tegel Airport's Market Place uses FF Market by H.A. Simon
© Ivo Gabrowitsch
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!