Lack of Typographic Imagination: Stating The Obvious
One of the most original type-related pools on Flickr is LTypI: Lack of Typographic Imagination (the acronym of course being a nod to ATypI). The Flickr group collects pictures of logos where the name – or parts of the name – is derived from the typeface used to set the logo in. A recent example is Berlin Tegel Airport's Market Place, as Ivo Gabrowitsch discovered the logo is set in FF Market.
Lack of Typographic Imagination: The David Rockwell monograph Spectacle by Bruce Mau set in Rockwell.
Ivo created the Flickr group together with our resident editor Stephen Coles. If you possess any examples in your picture archives we strongly suggest you contribute to LTypI.
Header image:Berlin Tegel Airport's Market Place uses FF Market by H.A. Simon
© Ivo Gabrowitsch
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf