The Second Episode of Off Book: Typography
Type is everywhere. Every print publication, website, movie, advertisement and public message involves the creation or selection of a fitting typeface. Online, a rich and artistic typographical culture exists, where typefaces are created and graphic design seeps in to every image.
In episode 2 of PBS Arts' Off Book, typeface designers Jonathan Hoefler and Tobias Frere-Jones outline the importance of selecting the right font to convey a particular feeling. Graphic designer Paula Scher talks about building identity in messaging, while Eddie Opara uses texture to create reaction. Infographic designers Julia Vakser and Deroy Peraza map complicated data sets into digestible imagery, mixing color, graphics and type.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer