ATypI Hong Kong 2012
For the first time in its 56 years of history, ATypI will hold its annual conference in Hong Kong. It will take place between October 10 and 14 2012.
The theme of this year's conference is "Mo-between black and white.' Mo-meaning ink-is at the heart of Chinese calligraphy and painting as well as a metaphor for intellectual pursuits.
'Know the white and guard the black' is an expression from philosopher Lao Tzu that speaks of a virtuous life as well as an aesthetic sensibility. A Chinese calligrapher aims to achieve equilibrium of black and white not in an absolute sense, but an organic and intuitive balance.
The importance of the balancing of black and white is a shared value between both Eastern and Western typographic cultures. When we put something in black and white, we speak of the essence of the written word as a means to exchange and preserve information and knowledge for all, playing an important role in our culture and society.
'Between black and white' not only celebrates this shared tradition but also acknowledges that black and white form a complementary relationship with each other, hence a wide spectrum of viewpoints are possible between the two.
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp