ISType 2012: Transmit
The upcoming ISType 2012 will be held between June 15 through 18 under the theme of "Transmit." ISType (Istanbul Type Seminars), conceived by Onur Yazicigil and Alessandro Segalini, is a lecture and workshop series devoted to encouraging typographic literacy in Turkey.
The first and well-received event was held in September 2011 with a focus on lectures and practical workshops meant to set structured approaches to typographic education and theory by embracing history, calligraphy, technology, math, programming, and drawing and art.
This year's keynote speakers are: award-winning type designer Professor Gerard Unger; prolific writer and designer Ellen Lupton, Senior Curator of Contemporary Design at Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum; and David Lemon, Type Development Sr. Manager at Adobe.
The goal of the event is to provide students, professionals and enthusiasts with an international gathering where ideas and inspiration can be shared and thrived. Moreover, ISType aims to contribute to the development of a typographic heritage in Turkey in which future generations can explore and create further contributions to typographic design and practice.
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist