Our pick of the Pick Me Up illustration and graphics exhibition at Somerset House
Pick Me Up, the graphic art and illustration fair, has returned to Somerset House in London, where it's running until April 1. Here's our pick of what's on show.
This year's event exhibits the work of 20 designers and illustrators, including Tim McDonagh, Paul X Johnson, Sarah Maycock, Jon McNaught, Niki Pilkington and Kristjana S Williams. An image from each of them will be available in a limited-edition postcard box set.
Kristjana S Williams
In residency in the studio will be Peepshow Collective, presenting their Museum of Objects & Origins. They will assemble a collection of artefacts from an invented past. The collection will also be a living display as themed public workshops will create new works to fill the final few empty cabinets.
Elsewhere there are spaces curated by Ciara Phelan.
People of Print
This weekend boasts a programme focusing on children's illustration, with storytelling and animation screenings. Next weekend looks at cartoons and comics, notably the underground/self-published scene. Visitors will be able to flick through the latest graphic novels and zines from London-based indies, take part in printing and design their own characters with the help of cult artists.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck