Beyond the Ink: 5th International Conference on Typography
The Association of Designers of the Region of Valencia (ADCV) is organizing the 5th International Conference on Typography, running from June 29 through July 1 at the Art and Design School of Valencia (EASD).
Under the title "Beyond the Ink", the conference will feature exhibitions, lectures, workshops and presentations to give new answers to the technological changes that have driven a revolution in typography.
Since Macintosh made its appearance in 1984 many things have changed for typography. Computers have revolutionized typographic design, and other platforms like mobile devices and e-readers are posing new challenges.
The 5th Conference on Typography will address the creation and use of typography in a new context subject to constant technological change.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago