Bitstream adds to font collection
Bitstream announced on Wednesday that the eighth set of fonts in its New Fonts Collection (NFC) is now available. All fonts come in PostScript Type 1 and TrueType formats, and one called Ambiance is available in OpenType format, a first for the company.Bitstream noted that the fonts come from a mix of veteran and new designers in the field. They include the Ambiance font, designed by Rob Leuschke, Indoo, Indoo Italic, and Indoo Ornament, by Julien Janiszewski, Lindisfarne Nova Incised and Lindisfarne Runes, by Harry Pears and Margaret Layson, and Orchestra, by Lorenzo Lalatta. Some of the fonts include variations on their themes – for example, Ambiance features Ambiance Swash, Ambiance Coalesce, and Ambiance OpenType."The NFC continues to thrive on the inspired works of these and other veteran designers, and to seek new designers from across the globe," noted Jin Lyles, Bitstream's director of typography development.Like Bitstream's other fonts, the latest additions to NFC are available for perusal on the company's Web site. Prices vary, but you can view each font and check out its pricing from the online list of the new fonts.
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory