FontShop Fan Video Celebrates Typeface Diversity
Discovering a fan video is always a fun experience. Just like Jürgen Siebert once came across what he called the Font Karaoke project by Central St Martins student Fran Marchesi, last week FontFont Marketing Manager Ivo Gabrowitsch found a charming fan video for FontShop. The mysterious Meghan Dailey (I couldn't find any information on her yet) created "[a]n advertisement targeted to people who are not designers telling them how expressive choosing a font can be and how many different ways there are to say one word using a font."
FontShop from Meghan Dailey on Vimeo.
The video shows the word "word" (how meta can you get?) being written with letter soup letters (there's even fonts for that: Typeface would be more appropriate – and strictly speaking even that term is incorrect because two of the examples in the video show lettering. But other than that, thank you Meghan! : )
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist