CJK Unified/Compatibility Ideographs in Unicode Version 6.1
Unicode Version 6.1 was released on 01/31/2012, and now includes 74,617 CJK Unified Ideographs, along with 1,002 CJK Compatibility Ideographs. 732 characters were added, and there are now a staggering 110,116 characters in the standard.
Speaking of staggering, as Unicode grows, it becomes more important to keep track of what character is encoded where, and sometimes it is useful to know when a character was encoded. For this purpose, the DerivedAge.txt datafile is an incredibly useful resource.
In terms of CJK Unified Ideographs and CJK Compatibility Ideographs, I spent part of the morning assembling a single-page PDF file that encapsulates many important details of their history. I hope that readers of this blog find it to be useful.
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer