CJK Unified/Compatibility Ideographs in Unicode Version 6.1
Unicode Version 6.1 was released on 01/31/2012, and now includes 74,617 CJK Unified Ideographs, along with 1,002 CJK Compatibility Ideographs. 732 characters were added, and there are now a staggering 110,116 characters in the standard.
Speaking of staggering, as Unicode grows, it becomes more important to keep track of what character is encoded where, and sometimes it is useful to know when a character was encoded. For this purpose, the DerivedAge.txt datafile is an incredibly useful resource.
In terms of CJK Unified Ideographs and CJK Compatibility Ideographs, I spent part of the morning assembling a single-page PDF file that encapsulates many important details of their history. I hope that readers of this blog find it to be useful.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?