Create Word Cloud Diagrams with Wordle
Now this is fun. Wordle autonomously creates word cloud diagrams like the one above. All you need to do is enter a bunch of text (or a URL; in this case www.fontblog.de), select the lay-out, specify a typeface and choose a colour scheme, and poof – there you go!
The website was created by Jonathan Feinberg who works at IBM Research. Somewhat remarkable is that his employer graciously allowed Feinberg to use code, which he wrote on their time, for this personal project. While he did develop the Wordle website on his own time, the core algorithms for laying out and displaying words were developed on company time.
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·The Future of Sex poster