Create Word Cloud Diagrams with Wordle
Now this is fun. Wordle autonomously creates word cloud diagrams like the one above. All you need to do is enter a bunch of text (or a URL; in this case www.fontblog.de), select the lay-out, specify a typeface and choose a colour scheme, and poof – there you go!
The website was created by Jonathan Feinberg who works at IBM Research. Somewhat remarkable is that his employer graciously allowed Feinberg to use code, which he wrote on their time, for this personal project. While he did develop the Wordle website on his own time, the core algorithms for laying out and displaying words were developed on company time.
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2