Localization World Unicode workshop, June 2012, Paris
We are pleased to announce that LocalizationWorld is organizing a one-day Unicode workshop on Unicode,including anintroduction with Richard Ishida and three additional sessions.This will take place on the preconference day, June 4, 2012, in Paris.Richard is an experienced presenter at Unicode conferences, and is wellknown for his clear and effective presentations.
The Unicode Consortium's goal isto enable people around the world to use computers in anylanguage. The Consortium is involved in core internationalizationspecifications at theheart of all modern software, such as the Unicode Standard forcharacter encoding. The Consortium's involvement in localization is a keyextension of this work. The Unicode Consortium maintains and extends theCommon Data Locale Repository (CLDR), and in 2011 established the UnicodeLocalization Interoperability Technical Committee to improve theinteroperability of localization data interchange.
For more information, including theprogram of the June LocalizationWorld Conference, please see http://www.localizationworld.com/lwparis2012/program.php .
Helena Chapman, chair, Unicode Localization Interoperability Technical Committee
Ulrich Henes, Donna Parrish and Daniel Goldschmidt, chair, vice-chairs, Localization World Conference Program Committee
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp