Design Mind Magazine Features Erik Spiekermann
Hot off the presses is Frog Design's new magazine, Design Mind. Our founder, Erik Spiekermann, is featured in a two page spread in their eighth issue, Numbers. The article focuses on Spiekermann's personal relationship with typography and designing figures.
"They [letters] are my friends… Some people look at bottles of wine, or whatever – girls' bottoms – I get kicks out of looking at type."
"Anybody can design letters, but numbers are hard. Tech was an interesting challenge that I gave myself: to create a typeface that has no diagonals. When you design numbers, you have to do ABC at least. It's interesting because I realized that what worked for the house numbers obviously doesn't work for letters. This was going backwards. But numbers and letters are very different; they have different space, different shapes; they come from different places. Figures are actually my favorite part of type design."
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory