Design Mind Magazine Features Erik Spiekermann
Hot off the presses is Frog Design's new magazine, Design Mind. Our founder, Erik Spiekermann, is featured in a two page spread in their eighth issue, Numbers. The article focuses on Spiekermann's personal relationship with typography and designing figures.
"They [letters] are my friends… Some people look at bottles of wine, or whatever – girls' bottoms – I get kicks out of looking at type."
"Anybody can design letters, but numbers are hard. Tech was an interesting challenge that I gave myself: to create a typeface that has no diagonals. When you design numbers, you have to do ABC at least. It's interesting because I realized that what worked for the house numbers obviously doesn't work for letters. This was going backwards. But numbers and letters are very different; they have different space, different shapes; they come from different places. Figures are actually my favorite part of type design."
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy