Design Mind Magazine Features Erik Spiekermann
Hot off the presses is Frog Design's new magazine, Design Mind. Our founder, Erik Spiekermann, is featured in a two page spread in their eighth issue, Numbers. The article focuses on Spiekermann's personal relationship with typography and designing figures.
"They [letters] are my friends… Some people look at bottles of wine, or whatever – girls' bottoms – I get kicks out of looking at type."
"Anybody can design letters, but numbers are hard. Tech was an interesting challenge that I gave myself: to create a typeface that has no diagonals. When you design numbers, you have to do ABC at least. It's interesting because I realized that what worked for the house numbers obviously doesn't work for letters. This was going backwards. But numbers and letters are very different; they have different space, different shapes; they come from different places. Figures are actually my favorite part of type design."
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art