Design Mind Magazine Features Erik Spiekermann
Hot off the presses is Frog Design's new magazine, Design Mind. Our founder, Erik Spiekermann, is featured in a two page spread in their eighth issue, Numbers. The article focuses on Spiekermann's personal relationship with typography and designing figures.
"They [letters] are my friends… Some people look at bottles of wine, or whatever – girls' bottoms – I get kicks out of looking at type."
"Anybody can design letters, but numbers are hard. Tech was an interesting challenge that I gave myself: to create a typeface that has no diagonals. When you design numbers, you have to do ABC at least. It's interesting because I realized that what worked for the house numbers obviously doesn't work for letters. This was going backwards. But numbers and letters are very different; they have different space, different shapes; they come from different places. Figures are actually my favorite part of type design."
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?