Design Mind Magazine Features Erik Spiekermann
Hot off the presses is Frog Design's new magazine, Design Mind. Our founder, Erik Spiekermann, is featured in a two page spread in their eighth issue, Numbers. The article focuses on Spiekermann's personal relationship with typography and designing figures.
"They [letters] are my friends… Some people look at bottles of wine, or whatever – girls' bottoms – I get kicks out of looking at type."
"Anybody can design letters, but numbers are hard. Tech was an interesting challenge that I gave myself: to create a typeface that has no diagonals. When you design numbers, you have to do ABC at least. It's interesting because I realized that what worked for the house numbers obviously doesn't work for letters. This was going backwards. But numbers and letters are very different; they have different space, different shapes; they come from different places. Figures are actually my favorite part of type design."
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf