Comic Sans Pro Press Release Makes the Business Wire Top 20 of 2011
Who says fonts aren't newsworthy? Last year we had a little fun on April 1 and chose that date to announce the new Comic Sans® Pro font family. Recently we learned that this particular release placed number six on the list of top 20 most-viewed press releases for BusinessWire.com during 2011.
Yes, the Comic Sans Pro press release was read by more people than:
Steve Job's resignation letterGoogle's plans to acquire Motorola MobilityExxonMobil's discoveries in deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
Of course there was a lot of other Tom Foolery going on last April 1st, including Google's font shenanigans – if you searched for "Helvetica" the results were displayed in Comic Sans. Now tell me again, who says fonts can't be fun?
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars