Comic Sans Pro Press Release Makes the Business Wire Top 20 of 2011
Who says fonts aren't newsworthy? Last year we had a little fun on April 1 and chose that date to announce the new Comic Sans® Pro font family. Recently we learned that this particular release placed number six on the list of top 20 most-viewed press releases for BusinessWire.com during 2011.
Yes, the Comic Sans Pro press release was read by more people than:
Steve Job's resignation letterGoogle's plans to acquire Motorola MobilityExxonMobil's discoveries in deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
Of course there was a lot of other Tom Foolery going on last April 1st, including Google's font shenanigans – if you searched for "Helvetica" the results were displayed in Comic Sans. Now tell me again, who says fonts can't be fun?
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art