Funky Experimental Typographic Poetry In Flickermood
The weekend is upon us, and I am feeling in a strangely funky mood today – not that I have any reason to. I thought I'd throw an animated typography classic at you. Typophile Film Fest. This video was directed and animated by Sebastian Lange, motion designer at Qu-Int. Text fragments from the poem Mutability by 19th century English Romantic poet Percy Bysshe Shelley were animated in Adobe AfterEffects, flawlessly synchronised to an edit of the contemporary funky jazz breaks track Flickermood by Forss from Sonar Kollektiv. The most recent version of this experimental typographic orgy was expanded to almost three minutes of mind-blowing animated typography.
Flickermood 2.0 from Sebastian Lange on Vimeo.
What sets this video apart from most others is the astonishing musicality of the animated typography and the ingenuity of the motion and effects. Whereas many of these typographic animations fall back on the same couple of effects, this one keeps surprising the viewer throughout its entire duration. Sebastian Lange's Flickermood has been screened and awarded on several festivals and events, and published in numerous magazines and blogs. Enjoy, then get of yo' lazy ass and shake that booty! It's party time.
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art