Album Covers Recreated In Clip-Art And Comic Sans
Joni Mitchell sang in Big Yellow Taxi "Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone?" This concept is illustrated with wit and humour on the Tumblr log My Type of Music series, but those transgressions pale when compared to the hilarious mediocrity on display here. A good song can be successfully performed on a simple acoustic guitar or piano, yet it is disconcerting – and very funny – to see wonderful graphic concepts and iconic designs crumble before your very eyes when translated into asinine clip-art and the poorest of typefaces. The resulting covers conjure up haunting memories of the days before Internet was widely available in offices, when "creative" co-workers with too much time on their hands and a cheap clip-art CD created the cave art of the technology age. Giggle-worthy. And the best part is that you can request remakes yourself.
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface