FontShop International released version 2.0 of the FontBook iPad app, available for $5.99 in the FontBook 2
Font fetishists and new enthusiasts alike can interact with and compare typefaces on-the-go, with the swipe of a finger. FontBook functions like a typographical roadmap, lets users share font specimens to social networks and features over 620,000 typeface samples-equivalent to more than 20 printed FontBooks.
The first version of FontBook was a critical darling of 2011, receiving both Typography and Interactive awards from Communication Arts, as well as being named the best of the iPad Reference category in App Store Rewind 2011.
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video