FontShop International released version 2.0 of the FontBook iPad app, available for $5.99 in the FontBook 2
Font fetishists and new enthusiasts alike can interact with and compare typefaces on-the-go, with the swipe of a finger. FontBook functions like a typographical roadmap, lets users share font specimens to social networks and features over 620,000 typeface samples-equivalent to more than 20 printed FontBooks.
The first version of FontBook was a critical darling of 2011, receiving both Typography and Interactive awards from Communication Arts, as well as being named the best of the iPad Reference category in App Store Rewind 2011.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art