Robert Joseph Coles Gravestone
Source: http://www.flickr.com.License: CC BY-NC-SA.
We wanted something natural, like the stones Dad used to pick up at the end of a long hike and skip across the lake. We got something close, but the cemetery required the rectangular concrete base. I typeset the text, excerpted from a speech given by one of his ward members (parishioners), with input from the family. I'm pretty proud that it's a little bit different from your average gravestone, and I think he'd like it, though he might argue that he isn't worth all the fuss. Well, he is.
Source: http://www.flickr.com.License: All Rights Reserved.
Original art, set in Illustrator. Uses Adobe Garamond Premier Caption (for small text) and Display (for "Coles").
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist