Cure for the Common Font, HOW magazine 2/2009
Source: http://www.flickr.com.Uploaded to Flickr by Stephen Coles and tagged with "parisineplus". License: CC BY-NC-SA.
I did not write the "type guru" part. Thanks to HOW for assisting in the cause for typographic diversity. The writing and type samples are mine. The page layout is HOW's. An expanded version of the article with relevant links will appear on Typographica one day. In the meantime, a copy of the mag is waiting for you on the newsstand now. See some Alternatives to Common Fonts.
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About