Plus graphic design festival invites submissions
Early details of this year's typography event Plus International Design Expo, taking place November 5-8, 2008 in Birmingham, have been announced.
The festival is organized by designers and is aimed at an audience of design professionals, and focuses on typography. The festival is currently open for submissions for exhibitions and speakers, from commercial agencies, freelancers, professional organisations and universities working in graphic communication, typography, type design, web, animation or multimedia as well as artists and craftspeople who amalgamate type into their work.
For submission forms click here.
This year's festival takes the concept Hybrid as its theme, using the theme as a springboard for examining contemporary Britain, and also the current state of graphic design as an industry in flux and development. The theme has also been selected as a means of reflecting Birmingham's current state.
Over four days, the expo encompasses lectures, exhibitions, walking tours and workshops. See the Web site for more information.
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist