Heathrow Airport Signage
Source: http://www.flickr.com.Uploaded to Flickr by Stephen Coles and tagged with "baabembo" and "baasign". License: CC BY-NC-SA.
Heathrow is another victim of the homogenization of the world's airports, its regional identity robbed by replacing a perfectly functional, custom British serif with ubiquitous Frutiger. I've watched the change take place over the last 3 years and the cleansing is now nearly complete. Shed another tear for typographic diversity. If anyone knows who made the dearly departed typeface, please let me know. I'd like to do a piece on Typographica.
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger