Join Us at TypeCon2008 in Buffalo
Hundreds of fontheads will descend upon the quiet enclave of Buffalo, NY next week for North America's only annual conference dedicated to typography: TypeCon. FontShop is proud to be a perennial TypeCon sponsor, and this year our founder Erik Spiekermann will speak at the renowned Albright-Knox Gallery on Friday, July 18.
There is still time to register for Erik's talk and TypeCon as a whole. It's one of the most affordable design conferences in the world and it's packed with valuable and interesting stuff for anyone even vaguely interested in type.But before you pull out that credit card:FontShop has a handful of TypeCon tickets available at no cost for our best friends. Who are our best friends, you ask? Whoever emails us (selecting "Marketing queries" from the menu on the contact form) revealing their favorite typeface available on FontShop.com, along with the reasons why they love it so much or an example of the typeface in use. That's it! First come, first served until the few tickets we have are gone.Update:The tickets are now all spoken for. Thanks for playing!
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Statement and Counter-Statement, Automatically Arranged Alphabets, and Arts/Rats/Star
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign