Shots in the Attic
Invitation card for opening party of Nina Stössinger's studio. Click to enlarge.
For the eternal question of how to combine typefaces, contrast is often the answer. Look to pair fonts from different classifications, of different weights, or styles. Like Courrier International, this invitation by Nina Stössinger hits all three of those points. The card uses only two fonts:Bureau Grot Black, a heavy bludgeon of a sans, andWhitman, a serif with an elegant italic.
Click to enlarge.
Nina achieved harmony between such opposites within the same paragraph by sizing the type so the x-heights matched. It also helps that, though Whitman was made in 2008, neither typeface is an ultra modern design. They feel like they come from similar eras.
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist