The Basement at London's Science Museum
As many visitors are pre-readers, photographic images are utilized to aid readability.
Norman Hathaway designed the identity and signage program for the children's wing of London's Science Museum, informally known as The Basement. The wayfinding is built with asymmetric porcelain enamel signs with friendly black and white photos andSassoon. Hathaway says the typeface choice came naturally:
Rosemary Sassoon is the only person I know of who has done extensive readabilty testing with children. Her resulting typeface features details that help dyslexic kids differentiate between characters. Aside from all that, I think it's an attractive face. I like that Sassoon doesn't consider herself a designer, but a researcher. Perhaps that mindset made for the innovative end result.
Club Type's "Starter Pack" of Sassoon fonts for reading and handwriting exercises.
Since 1987, Adrian Williams has produced and licensed Sassoon's fonts through his Club Type foundry. They range from the original Primary face to upright, dotted, and joined handwriting variations commonly used in US and UK schools.
For more fonts inspired by school handwriting, see the School Scripts FontList curated by Florian Hardwig for FontShop.
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
游客's review on Article Billboard.com这个Billboard.com网站的字体是啥字体
lwhzyn's review on Article HZ-GB-2312系统好像缺少字库，看看能不能下载
游客's review on Article 2017年设计师绝对不能错过的手写字体搭配的挺好看，这些字体是免费商用的么
¤月映丹心∴'s review on Article 毛笔字体进化论怎么下载法？
糖果's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体免费用吗
游客's review on Article 三星发布自主字体SamsungOne：全平台通用哪里可以下载三星字体