The Social Network
"The Social Network" poster (overview and detail) by Neil Kellerhouse
Klavika (above) and the Facebook logo (below) showing adjustments to the 'fa' connection, 'k', and width of the 'c'.
The Facebook logo was designed by Joe Kral and Cuban Coucil. It is a judicious modification of Eric Olson'sKlavika, with tighter spacing, some wider lettershapes, and a taming of Klavika's very distinctive 'k'. In the same way that Facebook represents the culture and technology of a decade, Klavika does the same for typeface design — well crafted but blatantly simple, monolinear, square, nearly devoid of any calligraphic ancestry.
"The Social Network" film, in turn, uses Klavika (along withFutura) for its logo and promotional graphics. It's an expected and obvious choice, but it works well. It says "Facebook" without having to say it outright.
"The Social Network" opening title, via the Movie Title Stills Collection.
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Ad for Vincebus Eruptum by Blue Cheer
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·Quimbaya Coffee Roasters
- ·MC5 – Back in the USA album cover
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee