The Social Network
"The Social Network" poster (overview and detail) by Neil Kellerhouse
Klavika (above) and the Facebook logo (below) showing adjustments to the 'fa' connection, 'k', and width of the 'c'.
The Facebook logo was designed by Joe Kral and Cuban Coucil. It is a judicious modification of Eric Olson'sKlavika, with tighter spacing, some wider lettershapes, and a taming of Klavika's very distinctive 'k'. In the same way that Facebook represents the culture and technology of a decade, Klavika does the same for typeface design — well crafted but blatantly simple, monolinear, square, nearly devoid of any calligraphic ancestry.
"The Social Network" film, in turn, uses Klavika (along withFutura) for its logo and promotional graphics. It's an expected and obvious choice, but it works well. It says "Facebook" without having to say it outright.
"The Social Network" opening title, via the Movie Title Stills Collection.
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
游客's review on Article Billboard.com这个Billboard.com网站的字体是啥字体
lwhzyn's review on Article HZ-GB-2312系统好像缺少字库，看看能不能下载
游客's review on Article 2017年设计师绝对不能错过的手写字体搭配的挺好看，这些字体是免费商用的么
¤月映丹心∴'s review on Article 毛笔字体进化论怎么下载法？
糖果's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体免费用吗
游客's review on Article 三星发布自主字体SamsungOne：全平台通用哪里可以下载三星字体