Living in the Present
Found in Julian Montegue's fabulous book cover collection, this design is credited to Barbara Gillruth, one of the many unsung mid-century book cover designers who gets zero results on Google.
I can't say if the illustration fits the subject matter (anyone know the book?) but the type certainly fits the image. One wonders which came first.Lydianis pre-digital, designed by Warren Chappell in 1938, but it would have been worth building a kern pair for that 'WA'.
The price is curious. Underinked and on an angle, it appears stamped. But it's also set in Lydian. Wha?
- ·Troubadour poster, Opera Plovdiv
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·47 free tattoo fonts for your body art
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About