24th Annual Hilla Rebay Lecture: The Artist as Typographer
Recent years have seen a proliferation of younger artists whose work employs typography, printed characters, or even the very institution of printing.
We have been accustomed to the predominance of language in art at least since the rise of Conceptual practices in the early 1970s, but the current turn represents something different: it takes up not language per se, but language's material realization and the particular histories carried within its forms.
In this year's Hilla Rebay Lecture, Tom McDonough, Associate Professor and Chair of Art History at Binghamton University, focuses on artists and collectives-such as Dexter Sinister, Shannon Ebner, Janice Kerbel, and Adam Pendleton-whose work demonstrates how typography has become a central element of aesthetic practice.
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·Benetton identity redesign
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
游客's review on Article Billboard.com这个Billboard.com网站的字体是啥字体
lwhzyn's review on Article HZ-GB-2312系统好像缺少字库，看看能不能下载
游客's review on Article 2017年设计师绝对不能错过的手写字体搭配的挺好看，这些字体是免费商用的么
¤月映丹心∴'s review on Article 毛笔字体进化论怎么下载法？
糖果's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体免费用吗
游客's review on Article 三星发布自主字体SamsungOne：全平台通用哪里可以下载三星字体