Gestalten.tv Interviews Ken Barber
Yesterday a short but sweet interview with art director / type designer / letterer extraordinaire Ken Barber surfaced on Vimeo. House Industries' lead letterer recently visited Berlin to give the two-day workshop Hand-Lettering in Graphic Design at the Gestalten Space. Gestalten took this chance to interview him on Gestalten.tv where he talks about the necessity of specialization and the fine lines between lettering, typography, and type design.
House Industries: Interview with Ken Barber from Gestalten on Vimeo.
The two-day workshop explored the creative process of hand-lettering and the application of illustrative letterforms in contemporary graphic design. Sharing some of the studio's best-kept secrets, Ken introduced participants to letter-drawing basics, various production techniques utilized to create sophisticated letterforms, and an instructional demonstration on how to digitize and vectorize analog lettering. Participants had the opportunity to take what they learned and apply these hands-on techniques to design their own custom wordmarks.
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·How to Read a Painting by Patrick de Rynck
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
游客's review on Article Billboard.com这个Billboard.com网站的字体是啥字体
lwhzyn's review on Article HZ-GB-2312系统好像缺少字库，看看能不能下载
游客's review on Article 2017年设计师绝对不能错过的手写字体搭配的挺好看，这些字体是免费商用的么
¤月映丹心∴'s review on Article 毛笔字体进化论怎么下载法？
糖果's review on Article 25个能让设计师用一辈子的字体免费用吗
游客's review on Article 三星发布自主字体SamsungOne：全平台通用哪里可以下载三星字体