TYPO San Francisco 2012: Connect
TYPO, one of Europe's most successful design conferences, will add an annual event in San Francisco. TYPO San Francisco will take place at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA), April 5-6, 2012 centering around the theme Connect.
We connect with the world every day. Good design makes this fun and easy, bad design ruins the experience. Being over connected can be fulfilling or overwhelming. Disconnecting can be a relief or isolating. And all of this is changing constantly with technology.
TYPO San Francisco Connect brings together incredible speakers from both European and American design communities to share their work and insights on what it means to connect.
"Within 16 years we've developed TYPO to a path-breaking voice in the field of communication and design. The positive reception of TYPO London in October 2011 was the proof, that the international graphic design community wants that summit at additional design strongholds," said Jurgen Siebert, Chairman, FontShop Germany. "We are thrilled to come to San Francisco."
The two-day conference will feature a diverse array of creative and inspiring speakers across multiple industries in the Novellus Theater at YBCA. Erik Spiekermann and Kali Nikitas will facilitate in the main hall. The event will also feature typographic workshops and screenings at YBCA.
- ·Königsblut identity
- ·XUID Arrays: One Less Thing To Worry About
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Sinnesreize / Embracing Sensation by Silvia Gertsch and Xerxes Ach