TYPO San Francisco 2012: Connect
TYPO, one of Europe's most successful design conferences, will add an annual event in San Francisco. TYPO San Francisco will take place at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA), April 5-6, 2012 centering around the theme Connect.
We connect with the world every day. Good design makes this fun and easy, bad design ruins the experience. Being over connected can be fulfilling or overwhelming. Disconnecting can be a relief or isolating. And all of this is changing constantly with technology.
TYPO San Francisco Connect brings together incredible speakers from both European and American design communities to share their work and insights on what it means to connect.
"Within 16 years we've developed TYPO to a path-breaking voice in the field of communication and design. The positive reception of TYPO London in October 2011 was the proof, that the international graphic design community wants that summit at additional design strongholds," said Jurgen Siebert, Chairman, FontShop Germany. "We are thrilled to come to San Francisco."
The two-day conference will feature a diverse array of creative and inspiring speakers across multiple industries in the Novellus Theater at YBCA. Erik Spiekermann and Kali Nikitas will facilitate in the main hall. The event will also feature typographic workshops and screenings at YBCA.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·"Die Alpen – Vielfalt in Europa" stamp
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·"Fantastic!" ad for Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John & Bernie Taupin
- ·Once Upon DESIGN: New Routes for Arabian Heritage
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·The Form Book by Borries Schwesinger
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?