The Conqueror Typographic Games 2012
Conqueror, the global premium paper brand from Arjowiggins Creative Papers of Paris, France, announced its "Typographic Games." This graphic design and typographic poster competition issues a challenge on the theme of sport and on the phrase "It's not what you win, but how you conquer it." Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded and the Gold Medalist will win two tickets to the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
Open to designers, printers, students and other creative professionals from around the world, the deadline is April 30, 2012 and entry is free. The only requirement is that the entries incorporate the phrase, "It's not what you win, but how you conquer it." Submissions can be entered and will be voted for online.
In addition to the top prize VIP trip to the Olympic Games, there are customized Nike shoes for five Silver Medalists. Global exposure for all of the winners will include a special booklet distributed with an international design magazine and an exhibition in London in June 2012.
The top 50 designs for the "Typographic Games" will be judged by an international panel of designers in London in May 2012. Typographer Jean-François Porchez will head the jury of leading typographers and designers. Porchez designed five bespoke "Conqueror" typefaces as part of the "It's Not What You Say, It's How You Say It" award-winning campaign, which re-launched the Conqueror brand in 2010.
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·Linotype Ad: "Linotype vs. Intertype"
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory
- ·Make market-ready fonts with this 8 point checklist
- ·Food Not Bombs hypothetical redesign
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·He Invented a Font to Help People With Dyslexia Read