A History of Graphic Design for Rainy Days
Created by Studio 3, A History of Graphic Design for Rainy Days offers everything you always wanted to know about graphic design but were too afraid to ask.
One fateful rainy day, a bored kid asks his grandfather "what in the world is graphic design?"
Starting with that innocent question, the book takes its readers on a charmingly illustrated and cleverly revealing whirlwind tour through this creative discipline's milestone developments, personalities, and technologies.
With its engaging design, humorous narratives, and fun-filled exercises, this activity book offers an entertaining look at the many aspects of graphic design-from typography's humble beginnings at the dawn of the industrial revolution to the internet-based font distribution of today; from the first printed Christmas cards in the 1850s to David Carson's revolutionary layouts of the late 1980s; from styles including art nouveau, Dada, Bauhaus, and psychedelic to innovators such as William Morris, Jan Tschichold, Saul Bass, and Jessica Helfand.
Joph Broadcast Graphics
- ·Barbe à papa Cotton Candy
- ·Hollywood Star Matt Damon Wrote Better Chinese than Chinese Stars
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·The Future of Sex poster
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Ad for Hello Dummy! by Don Rickles
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·How to sell your typefaces
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis